"Beer and Rugby" Rules and Regulations
- Contestants must be 19 or older to enter as of June 23rd, 2012.
- Contestants must enter by following the Canada Cup on either Facebook (www.facebook.com/canadacupwcrugby) or Twitter (@BCWSA) and answering the skill-testing question: "What team will you be cheering for at the 2012 Canada Cup?"
- Contestants will receive one entry per social media platform per person, to a maximum of two (2) entries.
- Winners will be contacted via social media on June 8th.
- Employees of the BC Wheelchair Sports Association and their immediate families are not eligible for this contest.
- Winners may claim their prize package at the door of the event. The prize is non-transferrable.
- Winners will receive two (2) All Day passes for Saturday, June 23, which includes both the bronze and gold medal games. Winners will also receive two (2) tickets to the beer garden. Each ticket can be traded in for one beer. The beer garden will be open for the evening games only.
- The 2012 Canada Cup International Wheelchair Rugby Tournament reserves the right to disqualify any entries not deemed in good taste.
"Caption This" Contest
It’s no secret that wheelchair rugby fans are some of the most enthusiastic sports fans around. That’s why the 2012 Canada Cup International Wheelchair Rugby Tournament is giving Murderball fans a chance to showcase their creativity with our “Caption This” contest. Caption the bi-weekly photo posted on our Facebook page and you could win big prizes.
Prizes will vary by week. This week’s prize package will be a hardshell backpack worth $75 Canadian!
Entering is simple.
- Every week, we’ll post a wheelchair rugby photograph to our Facebook page in the album “Caption This Contest.” You can find the album here.
- Come up with a caption for the photograph. It could be funny, silly, serious or emotional: whatever you want.
- Enter your caption as a comment below the photograph.
- Get your friends to vote for you by ‘liking’ your comment (not the photo). They may have to ‘like’ the Canada Cup Wheelchair Rugby Tournament Facebook page before they can like your comment.
- The caption with the most ‘likes’ by the time the contest ends will be the winner.
May 14-28: Round #1. To view this week's photo, click here. Congratulations to Brian McDonald for winning this round!
May 28 – June 11: Round #2. To view this week's photo, click here.
June 11 – 21: Round 3
- You may enter up to 3 captions for each photograph.
- By submitting the caption, you acknowledge that you are the creator of the caption and give BC Wheelchair Sports Association and our sponsors permission to use your caption in our promotional material.
- The winning caption will be determined by the number of ‘likes’ it receives. In the event of a tie, the winning caption will be determined by staff at BC Wheelchair Sports Association.
- The winning caption will be announced the day that voting ends and the winners will be notified via Facebook.
- The winning caption will be featured on our Facebook page, Twitter and our website.
- BC Wheelchair Sports Association reserves the right to reject captions that we do not deem in good taste or do not fall within our guidelines.
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]